I needed to fix those windows somehow. For one thing, there was way too much white on the wall, and that is stressful for me! The wall was just too bare. The bigger problem, though, was all of the sunlight. The sunshine makes it hard for me to sleep in the morning.
Solution: Dark fabric from Wal-Mart on sale for $2 a yard (It was even purple!), ring clips, steam-a-seam, and upholstery tacks.
The project was simple. I didn't have to sew anything. I used the steam-a-seam tape to make a hem at the bottom of the fabric. The sides of the curtains have the selvedge edges. No sewing or steam-a-seam necessary there. I just tuck them behind so that they don't show.
For the top I used ring clips. No hem necessary. The raw edges are hidden.
Then I tacked it onto the wall! I had some tassel ties that I got for free at the thrift store. They don't exactly match, but they were free. Perfect.