I have spent a lot of time resting in the past month. Those of you who are home-bound and/or bed-bound know how boring all of the resting can be! Here’s what I have been doing recently to keep busy while resting:
- Looking at pretty pictures.
- Wearing my bracelet from Mercy House and praying for the girls and ministry there.
- Watching television shows online either by myself or with my children and husband.
- Listening to The Story CD, the Annie Moses Band, the Gettys, and other favorite music.
- Reading books. This month I have read: Surprised by Motherhood, A Good and Perfect Gift, You Are a Writer, and Secrets of Harmony Grove. I am still reading: Speaking the Truth In Love and Seeing the Unseen.
- Working on my Take Refuge Bible study.
- Chatting with friends through text messages, facebook, and twitter.
- Praying for friends and family and the many needs listed in my prayer journal.
- Listening to passages from an audio Bible on Bible Gateway. I only recently discovered this feature, and it is so cool! You can choose from various translations, languages, and readers.
- Volunteering online for DINET and (in)courage.
- When my arms are strong enough, I crochet. I'm currently working on making coasters.
- Doing small sewing and mending projects.
- Watching Into the Amazon on YouTube.
I would love to hear suggestions of other things to do while in bed or in a recliner. What do you do to keep busy while resting?